Texas Insider Report: AUSTIN Texas Along with being a longtime pro-life pro-family leader State Rep. Sid Miller has long fought to keep taxes low and to secure the Texas border. Miller has been named to Texas Insiders Best Legislator" Lists for his accomplishments during previous Legislative Sessions.
As the well-respected chairman of the Houses Homeland Security & Public Safety Committee former chair of the Agruculture Committee and popular legislator the hard-working Miller deserved your House District 59 vote.He was the House author of the conservatively-popular Sonogram Bill" during the 2011 Legislative Session. Prior to his election to the State Legislature Miller served on his local school board. If you have any doubts about who to support in the runoff election for House District 59 take a moment and look at the main differences between my opponent and me said the popular legislator & respected chairman of the Houses Homeland Security & Public Safety Committee Sid Miller.
- I signed the Texas Budget Compact - My opponent has stated he would like to keep his options open with regard to raising taxes. (Gatesville Candidate Forum 2012)
- I am endorsed by the National Rifle Association and the Texas State Rifle Association - My opponent has never even bothered to respond to NRA candidate surveys supports gun limits and thinks there should be more limitations on the right to carry. (Hamilton Candidate Forum 2010 Stephenville Candidate Forum 2012)
- I am endorsed by The 912 Project another great group Im proud to have the endorsement of.
- In 2011 Miller earned the Taxpayer Champion Award" for his rating on the Fiscal Responsibility Index which examines legislators recorded votes during the legislative session.
- Backed by the Texas Eagle Forum the Young Conservatives of Texas (YCT) and other statewide conservative organizations for re-election to Texas House District 59.