Just 34% of all likely voters currently rate Biden’s handling of economic issues as "excellent" or "good."
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Texas Insider Report) — A whopping 83% of "Likely U.S. Voters" now say they are concerned about inflation in the U.S. economy, including 57% who say they are "Very Concerned" according to a new Rasmussen Reports & National Pulse telephone and online survey. Just 14% are not concerned about inflation.
Inflation worries are shared by an overwhelming majority of voters across party lines, with 90% of Republicans, 77% of Democrats and 86% of unaffiliated voters at least Somewhat Concerned about inflation.
- Just 31% of white and minorities other than blacks rate Biden as either excellent or good on his handling of economic issues, and
- 55% of Black voters share that view.
Inflation worries have risen since May, when 76% of voters were concerned, including 45% who were "Very Concerned."
- 51% of Likely U.S. Voters now give Biden a "poor" rating on his handling of the economy, including
- 60% of Unaffiliated Voters
- 21% of Democrats, and
- 78% of Republicans.
- 34% of all likely voters currently rate Biden’s handling of economic issues as "excellent or good."
- Those figures represent a significant decline since July, when
- 43% gave him a "poor" rating on economic issues, and
- 42% of voters rated Biden "good or excellent."
- Biden’s positive rating on the economy has dropped 17% with Unaffiliated Voters since July.
- Among voters who say they are "Very Concerned" about inflation, 76% give Biden a "poor" rating for his handling of the economy.
Government employees are much more likely than private sector workers to have a favorable view of Biden’s handling of the economy. Retirees are most likely to be Very Concerned about inflation.
- Problems affecting the U.S. supply chain also have a majority of Americans concerned, as they are already noticing shortages in stores.
- More than two-thirds of voters – 69% – are against plans in Congress to give the IRS access to data on all bank transactions over $600, and
- most believe Democrats are lying when they say they’ll only raise taxes on the rich.
Rasmussen Reports Updates are also available on Twitter, or Facebook.