“The fact that more Independent Voters are feeling the pain is a warning sign.”
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Texas Insider Report) — President Joe Biden's "Approval Rating" is continuing to sink further according to the most recent Monmouth University Poll – and remains underwater by double-digit margins – as more than 80% of "Registered U.S. Voters" now say the U.S. is on the wrong track.
The poll released Thursday, May 12th found that:
- Biden's "Approval Rating" has now declined to 38%, which when compared to a 57% "Disapproval Rating" leads to a near -20% net negative differential.
- And, those numbers show a continued decline from March's already low numbers, when Biden had a 39% Approval Rating and a 54% Disapproval Rating – a -15%difference.
- Just 18% of Americans believe "the country is on the right track" – down from an already concerning 24% two months ago.
- In January 2021 – when Mr. Biden took over the presidency – 42% of Americans said the country was "headed in the right direction," while 51% said it was not.
- 58% of "Likely U.S. Voters" disapprove of Biden’s job performance, while
- 40% approve.
- 45% who "Strongly Disapprove" of the job Biden is doing, and
- just 19% who "Strongly Approve",
- giving Biden a Presidential Approval Index Rating of -26.
- 58% say it is currently difficult for them to Afford Gas,
- 52% say it is difficult for them to pay Grocery Bills,
- 51% say it is difficult for them to pay their Tax Bills,
- 51% say it is difficult for them to pay Health Care Deductibles & Out of Pocket Expenses,
- 48% say the same about Health Insurance Premiums, while
- 37% say making their Mortgage or Rent Payment is difficult.
“The fact that more independent voters are feeling the pain is a warning sign for the party in power,” said Patrick Murray, director of the independent Monmouth University Polling Institute.
Monmouth conducted the live telephone interviews with each of the poll's 807 respondents between May 5th-9th, and reports a +/- 3.5% margin of error.