"The CARES Act is the third response package I’ve voted in favor of to respond to COVID-19, but additional legislative actions are possible."
Texas Insider Report: WASHINGTON, D.C. – In a time when the Coronavirus is sweeping across our nation, putting lives and livelihoods in danger, my sole priority is protecting the safety, health and stability of the American people. I’ve heard from hundreds of small businesses trying to keep their doors open. Those businesses, their employees and countless others need immediate relief.
On Friday, the House passed the CARES Act, the third Coronavirus response package now signed into law by President Trump.
- Provides a one-time tax rebate check for individuals and families
- $1,200 per individual, $2,400 per married couple and $500 per eligible child* (*reduced for higher income earners, click here for details)
- Expands access to foregivable loans for small businesses that keep employees on payroll
- Provides funding for health care workers and local health districts to fight COVID-19
- $150 billion for state, cities, localities to fight pandemic
- $100 billion for hospitals and health care providers
- Expands unemployment insurance to cover gig, self-employed and non-profit employees
The CARES Act is the third response package I’ve voted in favor of to respond to COVID-19, but additional legislative actions are possible.
Remember, I have launched a Coronavirus resource page on my website with information about all the legislative actions Congress is taking, links to school districts for their operating statuses, assistance from the Small Business Administration, CDC guidelines and a lot more.
Be sure to follow my Facebook and Twitter accounts for round the clock updates
It is an honor and privilege to represent you and Texas in the United States House of Representatives.