Texas Insider Report: WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Kevin Brady (TX-08) joined Republican members of the House Ways and Means Committee for a tour of the Department of Health and Human Services Coronavirus Command Center. While there, members were briefed by HHS Secretary Azar on the Administration’s efforts to support domestic preparation, including reducing the spread of coronavirus infections and treating those who have fallen ill.
In order to coordinate COVID-19 response efforts with local officials, Congressman Brady hosted a tele-roundtable discussion with county officials in the Eighth Congressional District of Texas. They spoke about how federal funding will help local response efforts, the need to expand testing capabilities and the timeline on vaccine development.
Having an open line of communication with state and local officials is crucial to Congressman Brady’s plan to control and contain spread in Texas, and he held a second tele-roundtable with healthcare providers including nursing homes, assisted living facilities and dialysis centers. Our seniors are currently the most vulnerable population – thankfully, those who are enrolled in Medicare are covered for medically necessary coronavirus tests.
With rapidly developing federal response plans and medical developments, it’s easy to feel confused or overwhelmed. That’s why Congressman Brady held a tele-town hall on Wednesday evening, where he spoke to thousands of constituents about the Coronavirus. On the call, Congressman Brady answered questions about what to do if you develop symptoms, best practices for keeping yourself and your family safe, and where to turn to for accurate and up-to-date information.
As we continue to monitor the situation and pass legislation on the federal level, please visit kevinbrady.house.gov for important resources and contact information for our national, state and local health departments.
- CDC: COVID-19 Homepage (LINK)
- CDC: What You Should Know (LINK)
- CDC: Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities (LINK)
- CDC: Higher Risk and Special Populations (LINK)
- CDC’s Dr. Nancy Messonnier describes how novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is spread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPBT2oLQv3k
- CDC’s Dr. Nancy Messonnier recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including novel coronavirus (COVID-19): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cx1b6H0H0E