Texas Insider Report: AUSTIN, Texas – Governor Greg Abbott today announced a new application category opening for the Texas Travel Industry Recovery Grant (TTIR) program through the Governor’s Office of Economic Development & Tourism and beginning February 1st. The TTIR program provides one-time grants of up to $20,000 for the recovery of Texas businesses in the tourism, travel, and hospitality industry that were negatively impacted during the pandemic.
Eligible applicants may receive a one-time grant of up to $20,000.
“Travel and tourism are critical to both the Texas economy and local economies, supporting one in 10 jobs in Texas,” said Governor Abbott.
“All eligible tourism-related businesses in Texas are strongly encouraged to apply for this grant program. While direct travel spending in Texas is recovering at a faster rate than national averages, we continue supporting Texas businesses as they grow and expand.
"Visitor spending at Texas destinations brings more revenue into communities and spurs local job creation across industries in every region of our state. Working together, we will continue to build an even brighter Texas of tomorrow."
The new TTIR category opens applications February 1 for:
NAICS Code Industry
- 532111 Passenger car rental
- 487990 Scenic and sightseeing transportation, other
- 487210 Scenic and sightseeing transportation, water
- 487110 Scenic and sightseeing transportation, land
- 485510 Charter bus industry
- 483212 Inland water passenger transportation
- 483114 Coastal and Great Lakes passenger transportation
- 483112 Deep sea passenger transportation
- 481211 Nonscheduled chartered passenger air
- 481111 Scheduled passenger air transportation
- 71 Arts, entertainment and recreation
- 7211 Traveler accommodation: hotels and motels, bed and breakfast
- 7212 RV parks and recreational camps; campgrounds
- 5615 Travel arrangement and reservation services; convention and visitors bureaus
- 561920 Convention and trade show organizers, event and meeting planning services
- 722 Food services and drinking places
- 312120 Breweries and microbreweries
- 312130 Wineries
- 312140 Distilleries
- To view the TTIR application instruction video, visit: gov.texas.gov/business/page/ttir-faq
The Governor’s Office of Economic Development and Tourism is tasked with marketing and promoting the state of Texas as a premier business location and travel destination.