“My job is to get up every day and fight with every breath for jobs, freedom, and opportunity for Texans."
Texas Insider Report: AUSTIN, Texas – (SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS) – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), Ranking Member of the Senate Commerce Committee, yesterday joined the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce for a luncheon. He spoke to the Chamber about his work in the Senate to fight for Texas jobs and to secure a direct flight between San Antonio and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, close to the Pentagon and D.C.
Sen. Cruz said, “My job is to get up every day and fight with every breath for jobs, freedom, and opportunity for Texans. That’s why I’ve been leading the legislative effort to ensure the city of San Antonio gets a direct flight to Reagan Airport in Washington, DC. Military City USA is one of the ten largest cities in America, and has an enormous population of both active duty military and veterans. Reagan Airport is right near the Pentagon, so it makes sense for service members and residents of San Antonio to be able to fly to and from Reagan Airport when traveling to the Nation’s capital. I’m supportive of any and all efforts to make that happen, because it would bring more jobs and economic opportunities to the area.
“I’ve also worked to bring together a bipartisan group and the south Texas congressional delegation to push for federal approval of four cross-border bridges between Texas and Mexico that have been stalled by the Biden administration. Two weeks ago, I got a measure into the National Defense Authorization Act that would require the Biden administration to expedite the permitting decisions for these cross-border bridges. I will continue leading the fight to make sure these bridge projects are completed, which would greatly benefit San Antonio and all of Texas.”
Good, high-paying jobs are the top priority of Texans, and because of that, they are also the top priority of Sen. Cruz. He’s spent his tenure fighting for Texas jobs and innovation in the Senate:
- He helped enact historic tax reform in 2017, which gave a tax cut to virtually every taxpayer in America. It reduced taxes on small businesses, farmers, ranchers, and job producers, which has helped bring jobs to Texas and drive innovation.
- He is leading the fight against burdensome federal government regulations and EPA overreach.
- For his efforts to support Texas innovators large and small, Sen. Cruz received the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s prestigious “Spirit of Enterprise” award.
- Sen. Cruz has successfully advocated for Texas innovators and their work to be included in the annual National Defense Authorization Act and the biannual Coast Guard Authorization Act.
- Sen. Cruz worked with a bipartisan group of Texas legislators to call for the Biden administration to pick Texas as a future site for the National Semiconductor Technology Center (NSTC) and National Advanced Packaging Manufacturing Program (NAPMP).
- Sen. Cruz authored the Cost Recovery and Expensing Acceleration to Transform the Economy and Jumpstart Opportunities for Businesses and Startups (CREATE JOBS) Act, which would vitally reform business expensing in the tax code and help businesses and innovators thrive.
- Sen. Cruz championed the Facilitating American-Built Semiconductors (FABS) Act to incentivize manufacturing in the U.S. through tax credits. That legislation became law last year.