Texas Insider Report: WASHINGTON, D.C. – Americans are desperate for the COVID-19 vaccine. Our main street businesses are hurting. Millions of Americans are still out of work. Schools remain closed across the nation.
These are the real problems we’re facing. And yet, the Democrats' partisan proposal ignores them all.
In fact, only 9% of the $1.9 trillion in this bill is spent on combating the virus. The truth is, the Democrats' "COVID stimulus" is neither.
Instead of creating jobs, the Democrats are dishing out money to special interest groups, including:
- $350 billion bailout for blue states
- $12 billion for foreign aid
- $100M for a rail project to Silicon Valley
- $135 million for the National Endowment for the Humanities
- $50M for environmental justice grants
- $1.5M for a bridge connecting Canada to NY
- And more….
Instead of this political payoff, let’s find common ground on what’s truly urgent: crushing the virus, rebuilding this economy, saving Main Street businesses and getting people back to work.