Texas Insider Report: AUSTIN, Texas – "Texans overwhelmingly support Charter Schools, and I commend Sen. Bettencourt (below right,) and the Texas Senate for their leadership in passing Senate Bill 28 to make sure parents can continue to choose a Charter School if it best fits their child's needs," said Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick following the unanimous passage of Bettencourt’s Charter School Equity Act.
“Charter schools have become a vital education option for Texas parents and students. And, Senate Bill 28 will ensure they can continue to advance and prosper without being hampered by unreasonable restrictions that other public schools do not face."
Senate Bill 28 is authored by Senators:
- Paul Bettencourt (right, R-Houston)
- Brian Birdwell (R-Granbury)
- Dawn Buckingham (R-Lakeway)
- Donna Campbell (R-New Braunfels)
- Brandon Creighton (R-Conroe)
- Bob Hall (R-Edgewood)
- Bryan Hughes (R-Mineola)
- Eddie Lucio, Jr. (D-Brownsville)
- Angela Paxton (R-McKinney)
- Charles Perry (R-Lubbock)
- Drew Springer (R-Muenster) and
- Larry Taylor (R-Friendswood)