By Cong. Michael McCaul
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Texas Insider Report) — The Biden Administration’s energy policies are hurting American workers, will make us more reliant on overseas energy, and does not hold the Chinese Communist Party accountable.
- The Administration claims their policy will create new energy jobs, but what they fail to mention is it comes at the expense of existing industry jobs.
- A 2019 report found nearly 350,000 Texas jobs are supported by fossil fuels.
- Our state is also the leader in production of natural gas and oil.
- Biden's plan will hurt the Texas economy by eliminating jobs from our economy.
- The U.S. finally achieved energy independence, but Biden’s policy will make the U.S. more reliant on overseas energy, putting us at the mercy of the OPEC Cartel and Russia.
- Finally, this Administration supports using solar and wind technology, which is largely manufactured and exported from China. They neglect, however, to recognize that Chinese solar panels are made with 80% slave labor – further contributing to the illicit practice of forced labor.