"A Navy hospital ship, the USNS Comfort, arrived today in New York City . The ship has 1,000 beds, 12 operating rooms, eight ICU beds and is staffed by 1,200 Navy medical personnel. "
News you may have missed:
Texas Insider Report: WASHINGTON, D.C. – President Trump announced that social distancing guidelines will be extended until April 30th. Americans must continue to avoid nonessential travel, going to work, eating at bars and restaurants, and are reminded to keep 6 feet of distance between themselves and others.
Medical device maker Abbott Labs is unveiling a coronavirus test that can tell if someone is infected in as little as five minutes, and is so small and portable it can be used in almost any health-care setting. They plan to supply 50,000 tests a day starting April 1.
A Navy hospital ship, the USNS Comfort, arrived today in New York City where it will assist New York’s health care system. The ship has 1,000 beds, 12 operating rooms, eight ICU beds and is staffed by 1,200 Navy medical personnel.
The first of 22 scheduled flights touched down in New York today, carrying 80 tons of PPE including 130,000 N95 masks, 1.8 million face masks and gowns, 10 million gloves and thousands of thermometers for distribution to the country’s hardest hit areas.
Updates on relief funding:
- Treasury Secretary Mnuchin and White House Economic Advisor Larry Kudlow said that small business loans for payroll and overhead will be available Friday. Early this week, the Treasury will release the instructions on how to apply.
- Secretary Mnuchin said that the individual tax rebate checks will be distributed in three weeks, either through direct deposit or a check.
- Governor Abbott announced expanded restrictions for those traveling to Texas. A new executive order requires a 14-day self-quarantine for anyone entering Texas from the states of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Louisiana, California, and Washington and the cities of Miami, Atlanta, Detroit and Chicago.
- If you or a loved one are currently traveling and are having trouble returning to Texas, please call our Conroe office at (936) 441-5700.
- State and local public health laboratories, commercial laboratories, the VA, and hospital laboratories are now testing nearly 100,000 people per day – and that number continues to rise.
- HHS is speeding the development and manufacturing of vaccines, including a Phase 1 clinical trial with New Jersey-based Janssen Research & Development to examine a vaccine’s safety in healthy adult volunteers and its ability to induce an immune response in the recipients.
- For answer to frequently asked questions and other important information, visit my website.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has issued a helpful guide for small businesses and self-employed individuals to prepare to file for a loan, including a check list of what you should know.