"Families need healthcare, education, and economic opportunities to thrive and these bills provide the basic foundation for success."
These bills are just the first bills of a robust legislative package he has prepared that will improve the lives of all Texas families.
- HB 1060 - Creates a task force to evaluate implementation of a telehealth portal in every school to provide healthcare to students and employees alike.
- HB 1061 - Creates a notification requirement for schools to inform parents if a nurse is or is not on campus at their children’s schools.
- HB 1062 - Expands Medicaid to all who are federally eligible.
- HB 1063 - Adds an additional requirement for immunization reporting to include metrics on people with disabilities.
- HB 1069 - Creates a seal of biliteracy for students to indicate they have studied and attained proficiency in two or more languages by high school graduation.
- HB 1070 - Requires automatic voter registration for certain people and allows for online voter registration for people meeting certain criteria.
- HB 1071 - Requires high schools to provide voter registration materials to every eligible student on campus.
Said Guerra, “Families need healthcare, education, and economic opportunities to thrive and these bills provide the basic foundation for success.
"I look forward to working with my colleagues to make this state the best place to live and work for all Texans," Guerra said.