AUSTIN, Texas (Texas Insider Report) — In this week’s article, I'd like to discuss the COVID-19 CoronaVirus. To be prepared, our office has been in constant contact with the pertinent Local, State & Federal Officials. State Agencies are collaborating with each other, and working closely with local officials to respond to current outbreaks.
I'd like to remind citizens across Texas and the Coastal Bend that we must work together to combat the virus, and encourage everyone to take these precautionary steps to prevent the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your Eyes, Nose & Mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning spray or wipe
To find Federal or National Information specifically addressing the COVID-19 CoronaVirus, please click on the links below:
- To follow the Coronavirus Task Force
- To follow the Federal Government’s Response
- To follow live national briefings from the Coronavirus Task Force
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Center for Disease Control
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Election Assistance Commission
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- U.S. Small Business Administration's Guidance & Loan Resources
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Office of the Texas Governor
- Texas Attorney General
- Texas Department of Agriculture
- Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission
- Texas Education Agency
- Texas Education Agency Meal Finder
- Texas Department of Emergency Management
- Texas Department of Family & Protective Services
- Texas Health & Human Services Department of Family & Protective Services
- Texas Department of Insurance
- Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
- Texas Parks & Wildlife Department
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Workforce Commission Resources for Employers
- Texas Workforce Commission Resources for Job Seekers
- The City of Port Aransas
- The City of Corpus Christi
- The Corpus Christi Economic Development Corporation
If you have questions regarding any of the information mentioned above, please don't hesitate to call my Capitol or District Offices. As always, we are available at any time to assist you with questions, concerns or comments (Capitol Office, 512-463-0672; District Office, 361-949-4603). And please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or issues regarding a Texas State Agency, or if you'd like help regarding Constituent Services.
If you would like to review more about the Texas State Legislature, visit the Texas Legislature Online.
State Representative Todd Hunter serves the constituents of Texas House District 32, which is composed of Aransas, Calhoun, San Patricio and part of Nueces County.