‘Healthy Mothers, Healthy Families’ Rally Supports Preventative Healthcare for all Texas Women
Texas Insider Report: AUSTIN, Texas – Texas women need access to breast and cervical cancer screenings, birth control, postpartum healthcare, and chronic disease testing and treatment.
The Texas Women’s Healthcare Coalition includes 88 healthcare, faith, and community-based member organizations dedicated to improving the health and well-being of Texas women, babies, and families by ensuring access to preventative healthcare for all Texas women.
Last year, approximately 300,000 Texans, primarily women, were served in Women’s Health programs across the state.
- Brigitte Pittman, Healthy Texas Women patient
- Evelyn Delgado, TWHC Chair
- State Representative Toni Rose - Dallas
- State Representative Donna Howard - Austin
- Carolena Cogdill, Women’s Health Provider
- Representative Claudia Ordaz - El Paso
- Increased funding for critical and lifesaving Women’s Health Programs
- Ensuring postpartum mothers have 12 months of Medicaid coverage
- Ensuring Texas women have reliable access to birth control
- Preventing maternal mortality
WHERE: Texas State Capitol Building - south steps
CONTACT: For additional information: Delina Yosief, email@example.com
For more information about the TWHC legislative agenda visit www.texaswhc.org