Infighting in the Democrat Party is now spreading slowly, but meaningfully – at every layer of the party.
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Texas Insider Report) — While there's nothing “politicized” about recognizing that Hamas systematically targeted civilians – including children & the elderly – and intentionally took them as hostages, while mowing down unarmed participants at a "peace concert" and burned civilians alive in their homes as they raped women (from young women, to elderly women,) every day now is becoming a more delicate balancing act than the one before for Joe Biden as he tries to signal to the American Voter his support for Israel, yet gently condems their responses to Oct. 7th's bloody savagery by calling for "Negotiations" and-or some sort of "ceasefire."
- MUST SEE: Cong. Michael McCaul – "Ripping a baby out of a mother's womb, before her eyes, and killing her child before they killed her..."
- "Having just returned from an investigatory trip to Israel, where I saw unimaginable, brutal savagery from Hamas’s attack on Israel," Cong. Michael McCaul (right,) today hosted a House-wide screening of actual footage from Hamas’ brutal October 7th attack on Israel. What he describes is unprecedented.
Mr. Biden has known his scale of support will tip against him if more Democrats turn sour on his handling of the international issue, and of the role he has America play in managing or directing the rooting out of Hamas terrorists in Gaza.
"My donors are flipping out," said one leading Democrat Party official recently.
"They're happy with Biden – but angry with the party."
While no issue threatens to break Biden's already fragile Democrat Party coalition apart more than this, these were terrorist acts and those who committed them were by definition terrorists.
The International Convention for the Suppression of the Financing of Terrorism defines terrorism as:
“Any … act intended to cause death or serious bodily injury to a civilian, or to any other person not taking an active part in the hostilities in a situation of armed conflict, when the purpose of such act, by its nature or context, is to intimidate a population, or to compel a government or an international organization to do or to abstain from doing any act.”
The United Nations Security Council specifically includes with this definition:
“criminal acts, including against civilians, committed with the intent to cause death or serious bodily injury, or taking of hostages.”
While initially seen on college campus protests, or as caustic comments from various leftist elected officials in Congress or elsewhere, infighting in the Democrat Party is now spreading slowly, but meaningfully – at every layer of the party. Its coming after, perhaps because of Biden's initially full-throated support of Israel.
Today the split runs much deeper – and is growing.
The strife within the Democrat National Committee (DNC) – which Biden is leaning on heavily for his re-election campaign – reflects larger generational and political divisions among Democrats.
- Many liberal Jews are furious that so many progressive Democrats aren't more outraged by the slaughter of family and friends back in Israel.
- Some are threatening to leave the party.
- Pro-Palestinian Democrats are outraged at the rising death tolls – which they believe is made possible by Biden's posture.
- Biden's White House, his administration's agencies, and political operations are already tense – and growing more deeply divided.
- Nearly 20% of the roughly 300 employees at Democrat National Headquarters signed a letter asking their boss to demand a ceasefire.
- A junior State Department Foreign Affairs Officer sent a massive internal email to organize a "dissent cable" to Biden's Israel policy – and alleged on social media that Biden is "complicit in genocide" in Gaza.
- By contrast, Republicans are mostly united in supporting Israel, and have been consistently united in that support for a long time.
The strife among Democrats in Congress, is deep and personal.
- With each passing day since late October, more and more House Democrats are publically criticizing Israel's expanding ground operations, raising concerns about Biden's ability to influence public perception on the situation, contain the expanding criticism, or in even calling for a ceasefire.
- At least five of the liberal House Democrats in "The Squad" are likely to face primary challengers after criticizing U.S. military aid to Israel:
- Ilhan Omar (Minn.)
- Rashida Tlaib (Mich.)
- Cori Bush (Mo.)
- Summer Lee (Pa.) and
- Jamaal Bowman (N.Y.).
- Money is expected to pour in, making each of these races costly for the National Democrat Party.
- The Jewish vote is said to play a pivotal for Biden in several big swing states, including Pennsylvania and Georgia.
- In a video posted Friday, Nov. 3rd, Tlaib accused Biden of supporting "genocide" of Palestinians.
- "Mr. President, the American people are not with you on this one," she said, looking into the camera after showing scenes of bloodshed in Gaza.
- "We will remember in 2024."
- The Democrat chairman of a Senate Foreign Relations Subcommittee, Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), said this past week that Israel's "current operational approach is causing an unacceptable level of civilian harm," and urged a "more deliberate and proportionate counterterrorism campaign."
The most ominous concern for national Democrats about Mr. Biden's handling of the cisis is that Biden's political standing was already shaky before the war – and the White House's political team is particularly concerned about younger voters.
Polling shows the youth vote is typically less pro-Israel than their parents' generation, and of particlar note was the recent New York Post/Siena College Poll showing Biden now losing to former President Donald Trump in 5-out-of-6 crucial swing states.
- READ MORE: Biden White House in 'Full-Blown Crisis' after 'Alarming, Re-Election-Threatening' New York Times Poll
- A just released poll shows Joe Biden's support eroding quickly, prompting panic in the White House with 2024's Election less than a year away. The poll shows Donald Trump winning in the crucial "swing states" of Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada &s Pennsylvania.
In terms of holding Democrats nationwide from slintering, party leaders inside the Washington, D.C. Beltway believe trying to explain Israel's position of attacking Hamas militants while they use Palestinian civilians as human shields resonates mostly with the staunchly pro-Israel wing of the party. With each passing day, however, the images and reality of "innocent" Palestinians being killed in Israel's bombing response to clear Gaza will only make Mr. Biden's job more difficult.Biden's war-planning team may lean pro-Israel, as initially claimed – but top officials know their party is decidedly turning against them.
And even the slightest of movements of pro-Israel or pro-Palestinian voters could cost him a state – or the White House if it's another close-call election as both sides expect.